Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Ten minutes a day keeps the calluses built up each day!

Attended my first guitar lesson with Yata on Monday night and joined other budding guitaristas in a classroom at UWStout. I had brought my own guitar to train on, but all the other students were using the Yamaha GL1 for their lessons. Yata convinced me to use the smaller guitar as it was a tenor guitalele tune to an E. So I was sent home with my smallest version of my six string family to practice won. Kind of looks like the Mama bear, Papa bear and Baby bear trio. The lesson was very helpful in understanding the basics of the instrument, how to tune and a few chords to practice for the week. I couldn't resist trying what I had just learned on all three versions. Mama bear actually fits the best, but I'll continue learning on Baby bear.

I look forward to learning alongside a seasoned guitarist and gaining additional skills from my classmates. Who knows, maybe the group can play a few holiday tunes when this is all over. Not so sure on the singing part yet?!

No comments:

Post a Comment