Monday, September 21, 2015

Guitar Lessons Here We Come!

I have decided to take Yata up on his offer and enroll in his 10-week course. Not sure if my piano playing digits are up for the contortionistic chord formations, but I'm willing to give it a try. Keep the brain young and active by learning new skills, right? Besides, 3rd graders will probably be a very forgiving audience.

After several trips to the Guitar Center, I chose a 3/4 dreadnought traveler with the "real" strings. I tried the Yamaha GL1 and decided to endure the beginner's hands. My knitting habit might also help loosen the fingers and wrist.

This opportunity is just another example of how the AIMS program is supporting its participating teachers to feel confident about arts integration in the classroom.

1 comment:

  1. I'm soooo happy you're taking this course with me. Shall I book us a gig at the Cell Block?

    ReplyDelete