Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Thank you AIMS

Since being accepted into the AIMS program, I have been anticipating the first co teaching experience with our teaching artist, Melissa. I have always had a passion for bringing creativity to the classroom learning.  I haven't always been sure as to the exact path that would be, but since being accepted into the AIMS program, I knew it would be a wonderfully enlightening and inspiring journey....of which it has.  Ideas have been brainstormed and dreams are beginning to take shape through the collaboration of a group of people who have the same goal of engaging children in the love of learning.  Our first meetings as a team have been fun, focused and full of innovative ways to deliver our benchmarks.  We have a plan and we are finding our way together knowing we have such great resources (each other).  Time to plan has been a very important part of getting this off the ground.  As classroom teachers, the beginning of the school year is exhilarating as much as it is exhausting and time is hard to come by....but we have worked together to stay true to our planning dates and support each other as we move forward.   As I reflect on what we have planned for our first day together with Melissa, I am thinking about how much I wish my own children would have had the opportunity to experience this type of imagination and creativity in their learning.  I am so fortunate to have this chance to grow in my teaching so that my students (now and for years to come) will benefit from my learning.  Looking forward to an awe inspiring journey.


1 comment: