Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Introducing.....

Tuesday was Melissa's first day meeting my class of students.  When she arrived at school, she shared with me how excited she was to begin co teaching.  It was obvious after the day was done and we reflected together how things went, that she is a natural with students and teaching together.  One thing I loved  was how easy it was for the two of us to talk together (while the students left for phy ed break) about how the first part of our lesson was going and how elements of acting/drama connect to our curriculum. Also, since I am the first class she visits each week (she comes to each of our 3rd grade rooms once a week), we are able to "tweak" activities slightly through our reflection of what went well that day and what could we have done differently, so that the next classroom has even more success.  We found while doing the team building activity of a human knot, that this particular activity would work better in a larger space like outside.  So the next classroom did that.  One other really neat part of have Melissa's share my classroom with me, is that I am able to be an observer occasionally and notice how my students interact and respond to questions.  It gives me a great perspective on my student's learning.  I really enjoy being a little more immersed right in the middle of the action.  It was such a great day and I know the students (and me!) are looking forward to her next visit.  

1 comment: